One Person can make a difference in the life of a child.
Our children need you! Being a volunteer is a rewarding experience. There are many available volunteer opportunities for groups and individuals including special events, tutoring, mentoring or on campus beautification projects! When you give your time to a child in need, you are making a lifetime impact helping to break the cycle of abuse and neglect. Contact Jesus Gonzalez at 210-659-1901 or email for more information.
make a difference?
Please contact Jesus Gonzalez for more information and/or to sign up for an information session. Registration is required.
Due to our licensing standards we are NOT allowed to accept court-ordered community service.
To become a volunteer, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years of age to work directly with the children. There are some opportunities for youth ages 16-18.
- Submit volunteer application online
- Submit a copy of your driver’s license
- Agree to a background check and receive favorable results. An FBI check will also be required at the potential volunteer’s expense.
- Submit negative TB test results done within the last 12 months
- Attend the volunteer orientation and training
- Portray a positive role model for youth